SIA Engineering, GE Aviation Finalize GE90, GE9X JV.jpg GE Aviation

SIA Engineering, GE Aviation Finalize GE90, GE9X JV

Plans were first announced for the Singapore-based MRO facility in June 2017.

SIA Engineering and GE Aviation have formally signed a joint venture agreement to create an engine overhaul joint venture based in Singapore.

The facility will specialize in repair services for the GE90 engine, the sole engine option for the Boeing 777-300ER and -200LR, and the GE9X, the single engine selection for the Boeing 777X. It will handle work for both SIA Group airlines along with third-party customers.

Both parties first proposed an MRO partnership in June 2017 at the Paris Air Show. GE will hold a 51% equity stake in the JV, while SIA Engineering will take the remaining 49% in the business, which remains subject to acquiring the relevant regulatory approvals.

MRO-Network has contacted GE Aviation to clarify construction and opening dates for the facility.

GE Aviation is ramping up its presence in Singapore, where it has been established since 1981. Earlier this week, it confirmed plans to set up a manufacturing facility at Seletar Aerospace Park to produce GE9X engine parts in late-2018, an investment costing S$42million ($31.7 million).

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish