SIAEC2

SIAEC, Airbus Form Aircraft MRO JV

SIA Engineering Company (SIAEC) has completed the set up of a joint venture with Airbus to offer airframe maintenance, cabin upgrade and modification services on A330, A350 and A380 aircraft.

SIA Engineering Company (SIAEC) has completed the set up of a joint venture with Airbus to offer airframe maintenance, cabin upgrade and modification services on A330, A350 and A380 aircraft.

The JV, named Heavy Maintenance Singapore Services (HMS Services), will provide services for operators of the aircraft in Asia-Pacific and further afield, according to SIAEC.

Plans for the cooperation were first announced at the Singapore Airshow earlier this year.

The MRO confirmed it had received approvals from competition authorities for the formation of HMS Services, in which SIAEC will hold a 65 per cent equity stake while aircraft manufacturer Airbus will own the remaining 35 per cent.

Airbus has stated it will aim to develop HMS Services as a center of excellence for the A380 and A350 heavy maintenance in the Asia-Pacific region. SIAEC meanwhile confirmed plans for further collaborations in order to “strengthen its competitive advantage and value-added service offerings to its customers.”

TAGS: Asia Pacific
Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish