Flight MH370, which had 239 people (227 passengers and 12 crew) on-board, reportedly disappeared from radar screens 40 minutes or so after taking off from Kuala Lumpur at 12.40am on Saturday.
The last 48+ hours have seen Malaysian authorities desperately try to piece together the moments before and after contact with the aircraft was lost at 1.30am on Saturday morning.
While there have been reports of terrorism investigations and some suspected debris from the aircraft spotted there has yet to be any substantial findings since the incident.
The most notable news to break since MH370 made headlines is that international police organisation, Interpol, has confirmed at least two passports used on MH370 were listed as stolen on its database. These findings are, according to Interpol, “a great concern” and counter-terrorism agencies around the world are now investigating.
Malaysia’s transport minister, Hishammuddin Hussein, said on Twitter that “until we find the plane, [it’s] hard [to] say it's a sabotage. But as I said earlier, we are not ruling out any possibilities.”
This morning the ninth and most recent statement by the airline was issued and only told us what we already know – that there had been no positive findings and the search continues.
The statement also said that the Department of Civil Aviation Malaysia (DCA) has confirmed that search and rescue teams from Australia, China, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, the Philippines and the United States of America have come forward to assist; Boeing is also on hand to help move the investigation forward.
The US National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) and the Federal Aviation Administration are also now actively involved with the investigation while the FBI has been called in to review CCTV footage of the security checks at Kuala Lumpur airport.
While the investigation is ongoing, Malaysia Airlines will continue to assist and support the relatives of those who were on-board the flight.